Friday, May 8, 2009

Outcomes By Bob Cullen - Education Support Group Member

Hallelujah! The election is over. While some schools were successful with their levies (3 winners, maybe 4), others were not (2 losses). I think that our work group should take time to celebrate the victories and reflect on the losses.

Personally, I think that the Community Capitalism Imitative, and our
Education/Community Support Work Group, contributed significantly to the successes.

We need to ask ourselves what was done that helped our schools win -- and what could we have done, or done differently, to help the others.

There are two documents that reflect, in part, the impact of our efforts.
1. A list of letters of support that were published by The Advocate, WCLT and ThisWeek Community News. Some of these were the direct result of our WG, others were influenced by our efforts. I know more letters were written and published by other papers, but I did not track those. While letters are written for every levy election, I don't think the list has ever been this long or this diverse.
2. One of the columns written by The Advocate that supported the levies. I included this one, because it clearly shows impact of our Work Group efforts.
3. Recent article in This Week talking about the impact of the Community Capitalism group.

I am sure that others can expand this list. I think we should take time to talk about our success and document what we have done -- and the impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment